Kids have FUN on school vacation at the Connecticut Science Center!
Campers in grades 1-6 will experience hands-on science enrichment through fun and engaging activities. Camps include structured activities with our STEM Educators, as well as supervised free time to explore the Science Center's galleries and exhibits.
We offer Day Camps during school vacation as well as week-long programs in the summer. Each camp's theme helps develop science concepts, guiding campers to greater understanding of science material and its application to the real world. Kids can explore a different science theme at each camp!
Questions? To learn more or make a reservation, contact us at (860) 520-2177 or email us at camps@CTScienceCenter.org. Our fax number is (860) 727-9821.
April Camp (2018)
Monday, April 9 – Trick Your SensesJoin us on a SENSEational journey through your 5 senses to uncover how they can help, protect, and even trick you. How well do you really know your own senses?
Tuesday, April 10 – Riddle Me ThisThe wicked Puzzle Master has filled the Science Center with traps! Work together to analyze cryptic clues left behind. Locate hidden keys to unlock treasure boxes. Use your intuition and intellect to outsmart the Puzzle Master!
Wednesday, April 11 – Bionic AnimalsSomething is wrong in the animal kingdom and we need your help! Team up with the Science Center to design a prosthetic prototype to help an elephant get back on her feet, and bioengineer a new beak for a Bald Eagle. Learn how artificial limbs can help both people and animals and tour our new traveling exhibit Bionic Me!
Thursday, April 12 – The Science of ArtDiscover the link between art and science! See how artists use science to help them create a masterpiece, and discover your inner artist!
Friday, April 13 – Rescue MissionExplore the science and technology used by heroes to rescue those in trouble. Design your own rescue gear to help you get the mission done. It's up to you to save the day!
- $62 per day for Science Center members and Corporate members
- $65 per day for employees of businesses in downtown Hartford
- $68 per day for non-members
Summer Camp (2018)
July 9–13 OR July 23–27: Robot CarnivalNotice: You may only sign up for one of the Robot Carnival sessions.
Step right up and try your hand at the games of the Robot Carnival! Build and program resident Connecticut Science Center robots to compete in events. Go behind the curtains to see what it takes to make an arcade contraption run. Complete obstacle courses and create games that will challenge new and experienced programmers alike.
July 16–20: Jurassic HartfordCalling all paleontologists and geneticists! The Connecticut Science Center has been working to create a Jurassic world for our dinosaurs to roam, but one has escaped! We need you to create a trap to capture her unharmed and extract her DNA to make sure we have the right species. Then help us engineer a new enclosure to keep both our dinosaurs and our visitors safe.
July 30–August 3: Tour of the PlanetsSpace...The final frontier. Trek across our solar system to complete missions revealing the weird worlds that inhabit our corner of the universe. Investigate what conditions allow life to thrive and help scientists discover exoplanets!
August 6–August 10: Muggle MagicGet ready for an enchanted week of muggle magic! Dive into the world of the invisible, study herbology and plant diversity, learn about owls and mythical creatures and discover how to make your broom levitate. Earn points for your house by solving puzzles and passing your classes.
August 13–August 17: Lost CivilizationsAttention, mavericks and adventurers! Employ your science skills to discover some of the amazing technologies, structures, and cultures of lost civilizations. Piece together how an ancient and mysterious people might have lived in order to find the hidden idol.
- If registered before May 27:
- $295/week for Science Center members and Corporate members
- $310/week for employees of businesses in downtown Hartford
- $325/week for non-members
- If registered after May 27:
- $320/week for Science Center members and Corporate members
- $335/week for employees of businesses in downtown Hartford
- $350/week for non-members
Thank you for your interest in our Vacation Exploration Camps!
Here’s some logistical information to make your Camp experience even more amazing.
- When: We offer day camps during school vacations (December, February, April) and week-long camps during the summer. Check this web page often to see upcoming camp dates and themes as they are added throughout the year.
- Drop-off: Campers should arrive between 8 and 8:45AM.
- Pick-up: Please pick up your child between 3:30 and 4PM.
- Extended Care: We offer affordable after care from 4 to 5PM. The cost for after care is $10 per child for Science Center members and $15 per child for non-members.
- Medical Form OR Ct Dept. of Ed Health Assessment Record (Must be completed by your child’s physician to attend camp)
- Authorization for the administration of Medication Form
- 2018 Camp Policies
- Camp Behavior Agreement
- Talent Release
- Alternate Pick-Up Form
- Getting to Know Your Camper (Optional) NEW